We start with a short walk around the oldest part town. Here we have the Parlament house, built 1881 out of stones from the hill where the big church stands. The cathedral and the office house for the primeminister, that house is one of the oldest houses in Reykjavík. It was built 1771 as a sort of prison.
1. Harpa ( english harp) our new conference and music house. It is an arcitectural masterpiece.
2. Sculpture Museum of Sigurjón Ólafsson, works outside the museum at Laugarnes. A special place you are like out of town,bur you are only 2 km. from the old centrum and you are at an unspoiled seaside, might even see a seal.
3. The Botanic garden and a place where boiling water came up from the ground and was used for a long time for washing clothes for the people in old Reykjavík. the place has the name Þvottalaugar. Laugavegur the main shopping street started as the way to this Laugar.
4. Museum of the scupturer Ásmundur Sveinsson, Outdor works.
5. The Pearl, hot water tanks with a pearl on top. From there you can see most of Reykjavík and even more.
6. Hallgrímskirkja, the main landmark in Reykjavík, the biggest church in Iceland. The tower is 72 meters high.
Duration about 3 hours
Pick up at 9:00 or by appointment
Language: English or skandinavian
Price: Private tour 1-7 persons fixed price for the group ISK 25,000